Isaac Asimov (Isaac Asimov, born Isaak Yudovich Ozimov; January 2, 1920, Petrovichi, Shumyachsky district, Smolensk region, Russian SFSR, - April 6, 1992, New York, U.S.) was an American science-fiction writer popularizer of…
It is considered that only four teachers of the XX century made the educational revolution. They are: John Dewey, an American, Georg Kerschensteiner, a German, Maria Montessori, an Italian, and Anton Makarenko, a soviet pedagogue.
Maria Montessori represented the short precepts-reminders for parents and tutors. The precepts are simple, but if you ponder the sense of each of the precepts – it is the multivolume wisdom in a few words. We advise to read over this list just for once a year and then the relations with children can pass on the new qualitative level and a child will grow a more developed and harmonious person.
1. Children are taught by what they are surrounded
2. If a child is often criticized - the child learns to criticize.
3. If a child is often praised – the child learns to apprise.
4. If a child sees the hostility- the child learns to fight.
5. If you are honest with a child- the child learns to be fair.
6. If a child is often satirized – the child learns to be shy
7. If a child lives with the feeling of safety – the child learns to believe
8. If a child is often discredited – the child learns to feel his/her guilt
9. If a child is often approved – the child learns to treat decently to himself/herself
10. If a child is often indulged – the child learns to be patient
11. If a child is often encouraged – the child becomes self-confident
12. If a child lives in the amicable atmosphere and feels his significance –the child learns to find love in the world
13. Do not run down about a child – neither in the child’s presence nor in the child’s absence
14. Concentrate on the development of good qualities in a child so that there will be no place for bad qualities
15. Always listen to and respond a child who turns to you
16. Respect the child who made a mistake and who can correct the mistake now or later
17. Be ready to help the child who is in a search and to be invisible for the child who found everything.
18. Help a child to discover unknown things. Do this, filling the environment with care, moderation, silence and love
19. Always treat with a child using good manners – always offer the child the best you have