Isaac Asimov (Isaac Asimov, born Isaak Yudovich Ozimov; January 2, 1920, Petrovichi, Shumyachsky district, Smolensk region, Russian SFSR, - April 6, 1992, New York, U.S.) was an American science-fiction writer popularizer of…
George Bernard Shaw was the only person who was awarded both the Nobel prize and Oscar. He is the most renowned and distinguished critic of his days and dramaturge who wrote in the English language after Shakespeare.
His subtle quotations show the profound world view:
1. My way of joking is to tell the truth
2. Self-sacrifice enables us to sacrifice other people without blushing.
3. The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
4. He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches.
5. Aging boring, but this is the only way to live a long time.
6. If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience.
7. Man - like a brick: roasting, it hardens.
8. The only man who behaved sensibly was my tailor; he took my measurement anew every time he saw me, while all the rest went on with their old measurements and expected them to fit me.
9. We have learned to fly the air like birds and swim the sea like fish, but we have not learned the simple art of living together as brothers.